Application Deadline: 12 September 2022
Introduced in 2016, GPS seeks to guidance artwork professionals from across South Africa who collaborate with cultural or public areas and engage with the people today in the parts exactly where these areas are found. The grant is a multidisciplinary roving challenge created to help work realised all over the place – ranging from workshops to exhibitions, activities and performances, together with audio, dance, visible artwork, literature, movie and theatre tasks.
The Goethe-Institut established up this grant in 2016 to assist artwork pros from across South Africa who collaborate with cultural or public spaces and engage with the persons in the areas in which these areas are found.
The Goethe-Institut in Johannesburg phone calls for proposals for the 2023 edition of the Goethe-Institut Undertaking Space (GPS), a multi-disciplinary support programme for artists and art initiatives living and working in South Africa. The programme supports inventive work realised in any element of South Africa.
GPS aims to foster collaborations concerning artwork specialists and community spaces that can choose the kind of workshops or exhibitions, performances or occasions of any inventive self-discipline such as visual arts, undertaking arts, film, songs, or interdisciplinary function.
- Only projects of a non-commercial mother nature will be deemed.
- The Goethe-Institut features monetary aid for picked initiatives to the most sum of R70 000 per undertaking. Should the venture spending plan exceed this total, the artist/challenge staff need to look for further more assistance from other funding establishments, donors or sponsors – details of which should be involved in the budget plan for this software sort.
- The proposed space has an set up monitor report, working for at minimum 1 yr and professionalism evident. The profile of the room have to be such that realisation of proposed undertaking is viable.
- The signed collaboration agreement outlining the kind of commitment from the area is important.
- A very clear notion on how the challenge engages with communities, preferably outside South Africa’s significant urban centres, should be portion of the venture proposal
- Only a person undertaking proposal for every artist will be regarded as by the
- GPS grants financial help / seed funding of up to R 70.000 for every project to artistic assignments that are realised in South Africa in between February and November 2023.
Add the Following SUPPORTING Documents In YOUR Software Form:
If you have questions, please consult with FAQ under:
Call Info: [email protected]
For Additional Info:
Stop by the Official Webpage of the Goethe-Institut Challenge Area (GPS) task grant